Milan - ITALY
1983 Diploma in classical studies ‘Liceo Classico’ – Italian high school;
1988 University Degree (BA) in Translation and Interpreting - S.S.I.T. (School for Interpreters and Translators located in Florence) Languages: English (degree thesis: translation from English into Italian of Sound and Hearing by Martin Rosenberg) and French (degree thesis: translation from French into Italian of Vivement des femmes by Violaine de Cordon);
1991 Refresher course for translators and interpreters (technical translation and simultaneous translation - English) S.S.I.T – Florence - March - May 1991;
1997 University Degree (MA) in Foreign Languages (first language: English, second language: French) I.U.L.M. (Istituto Universitario di Lingue Moderne – University Institute of Modern Languages) Milan - (degree thesis in Glottology: Modelli di indeuropeizzazione. La ‘rivoluzione’ di Colin Renfrew – Indeuropeanization Models. Colin Renfrew’s ‘Revolution’).
Italian: mother tongue
English – Italian: 25 years of experience
French –Italian: 25 years of experience
Spanish- Italian: 15 years of experience
Specialist subject areas
Oil & Gas (field experience at Sicon Oil & Gas)
Technical and Business documentation Education (field experience as a high-school teacher)
Human Resources (field experience at the University of Milano-Bicocca)
Medicine (cardiology – stent implantation)
A.N.I.T.I. Ordinary Member (Italian Association of Professional Interpreters and Translators)
Pro Translator Certification (Proz.com certification granted according to the EN 15038)
· Since 1989 translator and liaison interpreter for Logos (translation company located in Modena - Italy) and Project Manager for the same company. In-house and free-lance technical translator from the following languages: Italian, English, French and Spanish for different contracting companies (brochures, promotion materials, tourism, product data sheets, manuals, contracts, terms and conditions, company presentations, web sites, mechanics, construction, civil engineering, optical fibres, power stations, onshore and offshore pipelines) in Florence, Modena, Milan, Turin and Novara (Sicon Oil & Gas - Oiltech – Elettra Energia). Translations for the European Council through an Italian company dealing in technical translations (Servizi Estero) located in Milan (from English and French into Italian - fields: commerce, agreements, advertising over the Internet). Translations for ABC Traductions, located in France (commercial and agricultural translations from French into Italian).
· 2005-2012 translator over the Internet for TARGET LANGUAGES – Madrid – Spain (carpentry); FOX SERVICE – Prague – Czech Republic (gas turbines); LOQUAX – Lublin – Poland (literary translations); GLOBALVOX S.L. – Madrid - Spain and GLOBALVOX AUSTRIA – Vienna - Austria (cooperation on a regular basis: technical manuals, home appliances, business standards, human resources, solar energy, bioponics, information technology, tourism, cosmetics, medicine); TTD Inc. – Illinois – USA (certificates); TRANSWELL Inc. – Rhode Island – USA (jewellery, legal documents, medicine); PERRELET ASSOCIATES – England – UK (cooperation on a regular basis: hydraulic engineering); ALBOUM & ASSOCIATES - Virginia - USA (technical manuals).
· 1998 – 2007 Teaching experiences of English and French as a second language in high schools located in Milan;
· May 2002 – June 2005 employee (non-permanent employment contract) at the University of Milano-Bicocca located in Milan – Italy;
· Since November 2007 employee (permanent employment contract) at the University of Milano-Bicocca (Human Resources - Competitions for Teaching Staff).
WINDOWS XP: Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet Explorer.
C.A.T. tools: Wordfast Anywhere.
Acer Notebook Aspire E1-571 - 2.4 Ghz - 500 GB HDD
Acer Notebook Aspire 5920 – 1.83 Ghz – 250 GB
HP Mini 110 – 1,66 Ghz – 250 GB
Router: ADSL connection to the Internet 20 Mb
First ProZ.com Virtual Conference – September 30, 2009
Freelance Translator Virtual Conference - September 30, 2010
Spanish Virtual Workshop – January 27, 2011
Virtual teaser - Negotiation & Communication Skills Workshop - Preview upcoming Negotiation & Communication Skills Workshop – February 3, 2011
ProZ.com 2011 site guidance virtual event - "Small changes, big results" - September 27, 2011
ProZ.com 2011 Recruitment day event - "Small changes, big results" - September 28, 2011
Questions you have always wanted to ask one-day recruitment opportunities – April 24, 2012
Conférence Virtuelle Française ProZ.com – July 19, 2012
Conferencia virtual en español: «Productividad y herramientas de negocios» - Cómo mejorar su organización y su productividad – September 12, 2012
Recruitment day - September 26, 2012
2012 Freelance translator virtual conference - The freelance translator as professional CEO - September 27, 2012
Training courses attended:
I margini di libertà del traduttore - un negoziato infinito (course on the limits of freedom for a translator)
Scope of the translator's role - purposes and expectations, tools, procedures and technologies for each step
Translation environment - Tools and procedures to take advantage of
Can you learn to become a reviewer? Guidelines and practical steps to perform the job of a reviewer
Corso approfondito sulla traduzione medica (course on medical translation)
Come tradurre acronimi e abbreviazioni nel settore medico (course on acronyms and abbreviations in medical texts)
Marketing per traduttori: Realizzare un CV efficace e professionale in 60 minuti (how to make an effective and professional CV in 60 minutes)